Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Been A While


So much has happened since the last time I wrote so I will just give a quick condensed version. I am back in school full time, just finished my second semester, straight A's whoo-hoo! We are pregnant again, actually I am due in about 3 weeks... you don't want to see that. Madison is growing like a weed, she is two, terrible and temperamental! Despite all the fun we have had though, the Marine Corps has struck again... Mike just left this week for 6 months, they say it gets easier, but so far it doesn't feel that way, trying to explain to Madison where her Daddy has been the hardest thing ever!

Mike may be able to come home for the birth, but we will see if Mia wants to cooperate and come on time for her daddy. In any case I can't write on this subject for too long without getting teary eyed, I miss my best friend so much.


Here we are on vacation in Mexico, Madison has plenty of attitude to spare though!


After more than a year we finally went back to the zoo, we went late in the evening because being big and pregnant I am not huge on crowds and I prefer being able to look at the animals, Madison loved this exhibit she was stood there watching the orangutans for 20 minutes. It was our last family outing before Mike left.


Daddy and Maddy, they are two peas in a pod, I am in the reserves and had to do two weeks of annual training before Mike left, she already adores her daddy, but the two weeks certainly gave this daddy's girl a lot of fun!


Here she is helping him pack, and by helping she was packing her stuffed animals and her favorite DVDs, oh and did I mention she is potty trained? It was surprisingly easy for her, I can't take the credit she was just totally ready.


Finally enough hair for pig tails!



She likes doing dishes now... hope she doesn't get tired of it too soon, say maybe let it last for another 15 years!


And here's one of the few baby bump pictures... Madison and I went out to support Mike in a duathlon, he took 1st place!!



2 comments:

  1. 6 months! I just ache for you (and not 'cause of sympathy preg. pains!) being separated, esp. with a little baby girl coming. Hopefully he's able to be there for the birth.
    Congrats on that by the way. Except for being sans Best Friend/Husband/Daddy there is a lot of exciting things in your life right now. Maddy is adorable as always and her firecracker personality comes through in the photos! I need to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firecracker may be an understatement at this point, but I guess you will find out when Dean turns 2, or maybe it's a girl thing. What have you guys been up to? (aside from traveling and torturing the cutest little boy)

    ReplyDelete