Thursday, October 1, 2009

My baby is growing up

Well I haven't really been here in a while and today I just have a need to write as a chapter in our lives is closing.

Recently Madison discovered the wonders of animated movies, specifically Madagascar 2, while we have never really had her watch t.v. she has been addicted to this movie for the last week. Now, initially I found her fascination cute, she couldn't help but dance uncontrollably to the music, she would get so excited and laugh throughout the movie, but now it's a week later and I find myself in shambles. Madagascar has been playing non stop lately, I have been presented with two options:

1. Play the movie non stop and let my daughter be happy.
2. Deny her the movie and listen to her cry uncontrollably without any workable comfort methods.

So far we have done both, none are satisfying, and she doesn't even want to play with us anymore. It's so frustrating, she's an addict, she can't look away and no matter what we are doing she is asking for her movie. As if this situation isn't bad enough both of are sick and I am more sensitive and she is more honorary. My mom says this is a phase, one that is unyielding thus far. The truth is my heart is breaking, it's not just about the social stigma of too much t.v. being bad, but we have lost our baby, she is growing up and her very clear message that she wants and will watch her movie is proving to sting a lot more than we expected. Madison is Madison and we have always accepted that, she is sometimes moody, not always friendly with people and of course knows what she wants and will let it be known, but she is also funny (actually hilarious), happy, joyful, energetic and so curious about everything. I miss those last qualities, because the past week has been nothing but a huge battle. Some people may read this and to them it may not seem like a big deal. Maybe because we are under the weather we are more sensitive, but I just need to express how much I miss pre-madagascar Madison.

No comments:

Post a Comment